The FOME-COR Collection offers a variety of products with premium, bright white, double clay-coated facers which are ideal for screen and direct digital printing applications, as well as black and natural uncoated facers that provide flat, smooth surfaces for mounting graphics or backing photographs and fine art in framing applications. All FOME-COR products are produced using a proprietary manufacturing process that produces a foam core that is unsurpassed in cutting and fabrication capabilities, and delivers superior performance in both pillowing and recovery variations.
FOME-COR has been the industry’s leading foam board for more than 60 years. Its extreme light weight, easy fabrication, and excellent printability make it an ideal solution for short term interior displays. It also offers a pillowing core when die cut to create a closed edge or unique 3D embossing effects.
FOME-COR is comprised of extruded white or black polystyrene foam with bright white, double clay-coated or black uncoated paper facers. Made in the USA.
Advantages with FOME-COR®
- The original graphic arts foam board
- Perfect for die cutting with a compressed edge that stays closed
- Uniquely embossable for 3-dimensional effects
- Well-suited for digital or screen printing applications
- Cuts easily and cleanly, even by hand!
- Extremely light weight
- Good dimensional stability
- Quick service on cut-to-size orders, including large sheets up to 8’x10’
- All paper facers are purchased from suppliers that participate in either the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or have a Forest Management Certification
Below are some of the more common applications for which FOME-COR® provides a solution. While these are frequent uses for our material, we love to see the unique applications designers & artists come up with!
- POP / POS Displays Short-term application life
- Exhibits & Kiosks Short-term application life
- Interior Signage & Displays Short-term application life
- Framing Long-term application life
- Hanging Signage Short-term application life
- Window Displays Short-term application life
- Promotional Campaigns Short-term application life
- 3-Dimensional Displays Short-term application life
Recommended Fabrication Methods
Thanks to over 40 years of manufacturing experience, we are able to provide general fabrication guidelines and best practices that have been successful with our materials.”
- Digital Printing
- Screen Printing
- Painting Do not expose core to solvent-based paints
- Knife Cutting
- Die Cut/Punch